8 April 2017

Custom orders

I begain some work on two new cupboards. These re custom orders, one a 'faerie closet' which the client requested to contain clothes, crowns, shoes and wings! The person who ordered has already purchased several of my cabinets including a faerie closet(Clothes and shoes) and a crown cupboard I made. This was an exciting challenge as I usually look at a piece of furniture and know immediately what to do with it. This time I ordered a doll's house wardrobe especially for this project.

 I chose a blue green to begin with although made it more blue after the paint had dried a little. I then added some pearl mauve , since this would go with the colours I had chosen to make the shoes with. I try to compliment the contents with the main colour. I then began work on some polymer shoes, and of course cake! This has become a bit of a thing with me, as my first ever faerie cupboards contained cakes!

 I chose a pastel lime and pale lavenders for the complimentary colours, which I think work quite well. I then started on the clothes. I actually dislike sewing the most, especially as they are such tiny, fiddly things to craft! I mostly use hand dyed muslin for this as you can work easily with it and can always add a little diluted P.V.A to 'mould' the finished item. I also used a little felt as of course you do not need to hem anything!

 I put the glue on first and then add 'flower soft' , micro beads and glitter to the clothes in fairly random patterns until I think it looks right.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Faerie Castle

Faerie Castle

Where my houses come from.......

Where my houses come from.......

Crocus

Crocus

Faerie Tea

Faerie Tea

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette

butterflies.......

butterflies.......

Witch's house

Witch's house

Butterfly study cabinet

Butterfly study cabinet
inside the hothouse......

cabinets

cabinets

Mermaid cabinet

Mermaid cabinet

Faerie tea

Faerie tea